Less Time? I Need More Time!
Want to be less stressed at work or running your business? Often it comes down to simply getting more work done more quickly. If you can be more efficient with your workflow, then often you’ll find that your job is far more manageable and much less stressful. And there are tons of tips out there on the wide web that can help you to be more productive.
Here we will look at some of the easiest and the most effective…
- Want to keep yourself productive and optimistic? Try using a positive affirmation as your online password!
- Multitasking has been shown in countless studies not to work. Work sequentially by moving from one task to the other.
- Always focus on the ‘why’ of what you’re doing. If you remember why it matters and you think about your long-term goals, then you’ll be far more likely to stay focused.
- Priming is a psychological technique you can use to put yourself in the right mood for what you’re about to do. For instance, you can prime yourself for work by watching a clip from a film you find inspiring.
- Listening to white noise can help you to be productive! Other good things to put in your ears are background chatter (try ‘coffitivity.com’) and also music tracks on loop.
- Want a quick energy boost? Try consuming honey! This contains fructose and sucrose and the combination provides both long-term and short-term energy.
- Don’t have your first tea or coffee until you’ve done something productive. Likewise, don’t check Facebook until you’ve completed another task. This keeps you motivated and prevents procrastination.
- A smartwatch can prove to be a great way to get e-mails without losing yourself in Gmail.
- Want to really focus on writing or coding? Unplug your mouse. By making browsing less difficult, you reduce your chance of doing it.
- Try moving your working day forward one hour. We naturally ‘crash’ at 4pm, so don’t try and work through this natural lull.
- If you’re prone to procrastination, try starting your to-do list with a task that you’ll enjoy and that isn’t too stressful. This way, once you’ve completed the first item, you’ll be into the ‘swing’ of work and you’ll be feeling much less stressed.
- Another one: leave one task half-finished when you leave work. We hate ‘unfinished business’ and this will compel you to start right away the next day.
- Joy makes you work faster, make sure you add some humor to your day. Less time for fuss more time for play!